Note: Submissions require the use of your Del Valle ISD Google login information. Usernames most often consist of “FirstName.LastName@delvalle-isd.org” and your password should match your computer password.
Grant applicants will need Principal approval and be able to provide general applicant information, a project summary, goals, timeline, expenses, and a measurement for success. Please use the Teacher Grand Budget Worksheet located HERE when preparing your application.
About Teacher Grants
The Del Valle ISD Education Partners is dedicated to providing grants to fund programs, training, and materials for professionally certified educators. These grants enable teachers to introduce original curriculum-enhancing activities into the classroom–activities that might otherwise be unattainable due to continued budget constraints. The Del Valle ISD Education Partners will be awarding $10,000 worth of grants in amounts up to $1,000. Each winning project is innovative, has real world application, enhances current school curriculum, and has a direct impact on students.
Please read carefully to fully understand guidelines and expectations as the program has changed.
Award Range: To best meet the needs of our recipients, the Del Valle ISD Education Partners will be awarding $10,000 worth of grants in amounts up to $1,000. The exact amount of each grant will be determined based on the individual needs of the project.
Application Access: The application for the Del Valle ISD Education Partners Teacher Grants will be made available on the Del Valle ISD Education Partners website located under the Teacher Grants section. There are two sections to the application: the application and the required budget worksheet.
Application Deadline: Applications can only be submitted online and must be received via the online application during the applicable grant window. Again, applications are available online at the Del Valle ISD Education Partners website, located under the Teacher Grants Section. Only complete applications submitted online will be considered. Facsimile applications will not be accepted. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours if you have successfully submitted you application; if you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the Teacher Grants Chair at DVISD.Communications@dvisd.net.
Notification of Recipients: All grant applications will be evaluated through a blind review process by a panel of Del Valle ISD Education Partners Board Members. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Number of students participating
- Well-defined project description
- Clearly stated, realistic objectives and goals
- Real world application
- Enhancement of curriculum
- Realistic and clear time schedule
- Creativity and originality
- Measurable evaluation plan directly related to goals and objectives
- Clear and accurate budget details
- Coherent and grammatically correct application
All applicants will be notified if their application has been accepted or . Each applicant will be notified by e-mail at their school e-mail address.
Funding: The funds will be given in the form of an account through the teacher’s campus activity fund. All purchases are tax exempt and will go through the district business office and follow the standard business practices of the district. No exceptions are allowed.
Length of Project: Projects submitted must be implemented and completed within the academic school year in which they were approved.
Applicant Eligibility: Grants are available to any classroom teacher in Del Valle ISD. Applicants may apply individually or as grade level and/or subject matter teams. In the case of team-based proposals, a Lead Teacher must be designated to assume the overall administrative responsibility for the project, and all related correspondence will be so directed. Please note: teachers may apply for two grants per year on as an individual and one as part of a team.
Eligible Projects: All grants should be original, creative, and innovative projects that would not otherwise be funded by an alternate funding source. Funds are not intended for existing programs, currently funded programs or scheduled to be funded programs from an alternate source. Requests for (i) food, beverages, or refreshments, (ii) travel/transportation/lodging, (iii) technology not associated with a specific lesson plan or project, (iv) incentives, awards, compensation, or honorariums, (v) substitute teachers, and (vi) religious or political causes or donations will not be funded. Requests for building or landscaping improvements are considered to fall within scheduled funding and should not be included in a grant proposal. Products purchased with grant funds become the property of Del Valle ISD.
Guidelines for Completing Application:
- Grant applications must be complete and comply with stated deadlines. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Programs/projects submitted in a grant application are required to be NEW programs/projects and should demonstrate creativity and innovation in educational programming. Applicants should not seek funding for programs typically funded through an alternate source or through grants from other foundations.
- Thoughtfully consider the evaluation component of your grant application.
- Information presented in the grant application should be clear and to the point. Make sure the project description and desired outcome(s) are understandable.
- Define all acronyms used within the grant application. Do not use education specific terminology and language that may not be understood by evaluators who are not educators.
- Read the grant application carefully. Be sure to double check your budget worksheets to ensure that totals are correct.
End of Grant Requirements: Grant recipients must submit a 500 word project summary, 10 photos with students interacting with components of the grant approved project (students must have a photo release on file with campus), and a thank you note describing the difference the grant made in the recipients classroom, with students and for the teacher. These artifacts may be used by the district and Education Partners to highlight grant recipients, district or program accomplishments and/or promotional pieces.